25 year old Grace Wales Bonner won this year’s LVMH Prize, and was picked through seven other finalists who were nominated. The menswear designer was chosen by fashion specialists such as Karl Lagerfeld, Nicolas Ghesquière, Phoebe Philo and Marc Jacobs who were the LVMH judges. As one of the newest fashion talents, the British designer will receive 300.000 euros along with a year-long guidance from the Fondation Louis Vuitton. Wales Bonner was the one chosen through a successful designers’ list including Aalto, by Tuomas Merikoski, Alyx by Matthew Williams, Facetasm by Hiromichi Hiromichi Ochiai, Koché, by Christelle Kocher, Vejas by Vejas Kruszewski, Y/Project by Glenn Martens and Brandon Maxwell. Apart from her, the Vejas brand received the judges’ prize which includes 150.000 euros and one year long guidance from the LVMH specialists.
The famous great Greek designer Mary Katrantzou has won the very important BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund 2015, with competitors of the caliber of Sophia Webster, Michael van der Ham, Emilia Wickstead and Holly Fulton, among others. She dresses many celebs and her collaborations are always popping, so it’s not a surprise – rather, a well deserved award!
I’m sure by now you already know how much I adore Victoria Beckham, so it doesn’t come as a surprise to read another article about her. This time she was the big winner of the Brand of Year award at the British Fashion Awards 2014 that took place in London on December 1st, so I think she is definitely worth a post for her accomplishment. She was accompanied by the love of her life, her husband David Beckham, and she received her award wearing one of her designs, a black & white maxi skirt with a chain, and a black sweater with an open back. It’s not the best outfit we’ve seen her wearing, but she’s Victoria Beckham; she can wear whatever she wants! She became really emotional when giving a speech when receiving her award, thanking her crew, her supportive husband, and her parents who have always been there for her. Take a look at the video below to watch her speech of the night.
The giveaway is OVER!!!
Hello everybody. We may still be a new site, but we’ve already had an offer for an amazing contest, and we’d love for you to participate.
Our sponsor, Crypto Contests, kindly offered the prize for the contest. All you have to do is follow the specific steps/rules mentioned below.
One lucky winner will get a brand new iPad Air retina display WiFi (16GB)
The contest is open worldwide, and it ends on August 31st, at midnight (Greece’s time).
Steps you need to make:
2. Create an account on STELLAR website here (Note down your username / password)
3. Once you create your account you will be logged in. Click on the “Receive your first Stellars on us! Log in with Facebook” button.
4. Click on the “Connect with Facebook” button and another window will pop up, click on the “Okay” button now.
5. The above step verifies the user’s uniqueness on the site. Because the previous procedure had many steps and it was time consuming, for your facilitation we will manage the rest of the steps.
6. You may now close the STELLAR site. In order to verify your participation please enter your information below. (username and password = the one you used on Stellar website)
7. Congratulations! 🙂 You have now officially entered our contest! Good luck!!!
8. Feel free to share this contest with your friends on FaceBook/Twitter, so they can enter the contest too (or win a few more entries for you! 😉 .
For any questions or technical support, please feel free to contact Ms. Joanna Dimitriou on Facebook.