Vicky is a young designer from Athens, Greece, who creates handmade jewellery, clothes & accessories. Her creations are definitely impressive and they’re addressed not only to women, but also to men. We talked to her about her motives, her creations, and her designs, and we’re happy to present you one more interview of a young designer who loves her work. We hope you enjoy the interview!
1) Stylishly Beautiful Team (from now on SBT): Tell us a few things about yourself.
My name is Vicky, and I was born and raised in Athens, Greece. I studied Tourism Management at the Technological Institution of Athens, while I finished my studies in electric piano. My hobbies are: painting, woodcarving and designing.
2) SBT: Which was the stimulus which urged you to make such beautiful creations?
First of all, thank you for the compliment. I’m glad that you like my creations. I started designing from a very young age, like a personal hobby. At some point I started designing and creating my own jewellery, until about 3 years ago, when some of my friends who happened to see my designs and liked them, told me to start working more actively on them. It was a period when I had spare time, so I decided to indeed start being more active with my making of jewellery, accessories and clothes. Since then I’ve been evolving and trying for the best.
3) SBT: What else do you create except for jewellery?
I create clothes and accessories, such as bags, scarves, and belts. The materials I’m using are leather, wool, and fabric. I have designs for both women and men.
4) SBT: What inspires you?
Basically, living each day to the fullest, affects my soul accordingly. Usually being positive is what makes my inspiration wake up. So you can say that I get inspired by living every day!
5) SBT: Which one of your creations has received the most love? And which one is your favorite?
I personally love my Galaxy creations. But I have to say that men’s scarves are the pieces that receive the most love.
6) SBT: Over the past few years, statement necklaces have gained a lot of ground. What would be your suggestion for an item that can be worn from day to night?
Discreet accessories, are definitely suitable for all hours of the day. It’s a smart solution for those who either don’t want to or can’t change often, during the day.
7) SBT: Which is your personal opinion as a jewellery designer about the fashion trends? Should they be followed blindly, or be adapted to our personal style?
The most important thing that both the designer and the customer must have in mind, is that the person who wears it must be comfortable with it. Designers just make suggestions, without addressing someone personally. They’re just trying to cover both the most basic styles, and the most eccentric ones as well. I think that there are many choices for everyone, and each of us can find what makes him feel comfortable and beautiful, without being scared to try out something new to him from time to time.
8) SBT: Have you encountered any difficulties till now?
I’ve definitely encountered some difficulties along the way. I would be concerned that I wasn’t doing something right, if there weren’t any, and everything was going smoothly.
9) SBT: What are your future plans/dreams?
I have many plans, not only in the fashion & design area, but in my personal life as well. But for now, it’s too early to talk about them.
10) SBT: Last but not least, tell us a few things you’d like us to know about you and your beautiful creations…
I’m always trying to make each and every one of my creations unique, and have suggestions for every hour of the day, and every occasion. The sure thing is that I’d never make something that I wouldn’t like to wear personally.
You’ll find Vicky and her creations at: